The microComp® series is a miniature high density rectangular connector.
microComp® shells are available in strengthened fiber glass material for a maximum mechanical resistance. Composite shells are up to 36% lighter than aluminum shells. The advanced «Nickel over composite» plating process used on microComp® has been qualified on SOURIAU MIL-DTL-38999 product range. This technology selected by Boeing and Airbus, provides optimized shielding and shell-to-shell continuity.
microComp® male connectors are tamper proof. On HD D-Sub and D-Sub male contacts are the fragile parts of the connector because they can easily be bent. On microComp® male contacts are fully shrouded by the insulator: they are protected and cannot be bent.
With its very short contacts, microComp® connectors have high Ethernet performance.
Fully Ethernet 100 base T compatible :
- Fit up to 4 Ethernet links into a 25 ways microComp®
- Compatible with standard Ethernet Quad wires
- Reach up to cat 6 performances (TIA/EIA 568-B)
Fully Ethernet 1000 base T compatible :
- Fit up to 2 Ethernet links in to a 25 ways microComp®
- No need to ground the pins between the quads
- Reach cat 5e performances (TIA/EIA 568-B)
As the product reliability is not the only key point to our customers, Esterline Connection Technologies provides an efficient worldwide distributor network with high level of finished connector stock allowing them the fastest way to get their goods on time. This is why major defense, aviation and industrial players trust Esterline Connection Technologies expertise and industrial excellence.
- Available in aluminum or composite version
- Contact protection
- EMI shielding
- Ligther than micro-D or D-sub standard connectors