Derived from MIL-C-38999 Series I and II and incorporates lightweight, scoop proof and high contact density features.
The design, performance and mechanical robustness of this product meet the requirements of the following applications:
- Ballistic missiles and weapon systems
- Marine equipment
8ST connector features include:
- A very high contact density
- MIL-DTL-38999 Series I contact layouts
- The male contacts are recessed into the body to prevent damage by mismating (100% scoop proof)
- Keyway polarization (master keyway)
- RFI-EMI shielding and shell to shell continuity
- Receptacle fixings and backshells as per pattern 602 and MIL-C-26482 Series II
The plug and receptacle bodies, as the endbells, are manufactured from aluminum alloy and protected by cadmium or nickel plating. The shells are locked together by a bayonet coupling mechanism. Gold plated crimp or straight PC tail contacts are extracted from connector rear and are retained in the insulator by a metal clip.